- How do you play La Quiniela?
Each Football Pools bet consists of predicting the results of a two-team football match; to do this you have to guess if a team is going to win (1), draw (X) or lose (2)
- How much does it cost to play?
The cost of each bet is 0.50 euros (50 cents).
- How do I choose my combination?
For each bet you can choose to select your 14 predictions plus a prediction for the 15th match either manually (selecting the predictions for each bet yourself) or randomly (whereby the system picks predictions at random).
- Can I include more than one bet to increase my chances?
Yes. There are two ways to play:
- Simple: you can place a minimum of 2 bets and a maximum of 8 on each play slip, with 14 predictions for each bet, plus the full 15. To place a bet, tick fourteen numbers in the first table, plus the full 15 . To play two, tick fourteen numbers in the first table and fourteen in the second, plus the full 15, and so on and so forth. Every single bet is worth fifty cents.
if you choose to, you can play more than 14 numbers in your bet. To do this, you need to mark these in the first table on the play slip, using a combination of two (double) or three (triple) predictions per match. In addition, you must mark the number of doubles and/or triples forecasted in the 'Combinations' table. Bear in mind that the more multiple selections you play, the more your bet will cost.
You can play the following multiple methods:
- Direct multiple: you can choose a certain combination of doubles and triples (for more information about possible combinations see Annex II of the document explaining the Football pool rules at the bottom of this page).
- Reduced multiple: you must indicate the combinations of doubles and triples you want to play and select the games you want to apply the reductions to (for more information about authorised reductions see Annex II of the document explaining the Football pool rules at the bottom of this page).
- Conditioned multiple: you must indicate the conditions (variants, X's and two's) as well as the games these variants apply to (for more information about authorised conditions see Annex II of the document explaining the Football pool rules at the bottom of this page).
- Which draws am I participating in?
You participate in a single La Quiniela session.
In The Football Pools, 55% of all takings go towards prizes which are divided into the following categories:
- Special Category: if you get 14 results right plus the Full Fifteen.
- 1st Category: if you get all 14 results right
- 2nd Category: if you get 13 results right
- 3rd Category: if you get 12 results right
- 4th Category: if you get 11 results right
- 5th Category: if you get 10 results right